Monday, January 31, 2011

Birthday goodies!


Well it's official - I am now 40! Although I have taught my small folk to tell people I am only 28 - it's not really lying, it's just a bit of creative maths. I had a fabulous birthday, lots of lovely gifts and treats. Don't you love these gorgeous measuring cups! My sister-in-law gave me these - little did she know I've had my eye on them for ages.



My dearest friend gave me the most wonderful bag of goodies including this delightful book. This is the book I was talking about in a previous post - where my body butter recipe originally came from it turns out. It is full of wonderful old fashioned tips, household hints and recipes. I'm really looking forward to having some quiet time next week when school goes back, so I can sit and have a really good read.


I was also given some gorgeous tea - a beautiful New Zealand Breakfast mix which I tried last night. It was absolutely beautiful. The other one is Earl Grey Blue Flower which is my all time favourite. Brewing a pot of this is just such a treat. Having it in a vintage tea cup makes it taste even better! So it is perfect timing that I am going to start making a beautiful tea cosy in the next week which I'm sure will make the tea taste better still. Can't wait to get started on it but it will have to wait a few more days while I finish off another project first.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I adore anything Russian doll - those measuring cups are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing birthday indeed! You must help me find a place to acquire that delightful book...I am a Nana and just the cover makes me happy! So glad to have found your blog and will be looking around a bit more before I go. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! Have a fab day.